January 28, 2012

Chinese New Year Day 1 (Loyang Tua Pek Kong)


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Wish everybody huat ar!


(Wish you make a good fortune)

At about 2a.m, went to Loyang Tua Pek Kong Temple to pray.
It was damn crowded. Basically, you have to queue to pray.









Super duper smokey~



At this tentage, there's this gigantic God of Wealth commonly known as Cai Shen Ye, where you can pay your respects to.


You can find out fortunes of different zodiacs in the year of Dragon here.


I don't know what is this for but apparently, I saw a woman touching all of the green and gold ones.



This display is made up of....
This!


This look sooooo.... breakable?


I have forgotten what is the purpose of crossing this bridge. Unfortunately it was closed when I wanted to cross it too.


We ended up donating money and offer our respects only as the queues were mad long.
Each time I go to a temple, I always pray for my loved ones for the following basics:



(Wishing every happiness will always be with them)



(Wishing them safe and happy)



(Wishing them to be happy and cheerful)



(Wishing them for all their wishes to come true)


Went to my maternal Grandma's place in the afternoon to 过年.



It is a tradition whereby the juniors offer their well wishes to their seniors while receiving red packets from them. But I felt that the younger generations are losing it with just a mere "Thank You". Anyway, my Grandma and aunties cooked vegetarian meal to kick start off the day. DELICIOUS!

I love the way how everyone is gathered together dressing in their best with all smiles, while doing some catching up.
The seniors play mahjong while the juniors huddled together in the room to play games or to just crap around.


My uber cute baby niece!
Chubby chubby! 


She look a bit grouchy. Maybe it's because she just woke up la. LoL.



Here is my another niece, Xinyi.
I have got 4 nieces in total but only managed to take photos of Chelsea and Xinyi.



Can't imagine when each of them turn at least 10 years old, I'm already in my 30's. OMFG!

One more thing! I don't know if it is just me or what?! I feel that the festivity mood is getting weaker as years passed by, particularly in Singapore. It wasn't the same  as when I was way younger. Something is missing but I just can't pinpoint it out. Is it the lack of firecrackers or is it the hectic life that we have here? I miss playing with fire crackers. Basically, Chinese New Year seems to only last for 3 days here as compared to that in China. Kind of sad isn't it?


0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...