June 7, 2012

That God Damn Nail

 DBT was like fetching me on my bike in to Malaysia to collect his bike last night.

Unfortunately, some things just have to happen.
As he was negotiating a bend, we heard a loud "pop" suddenly. Even when we have both earpieces plugged into our ears. My rear tyre got nailed! Never once have I got nailed before! Damn that nail!

My DBT tried to continue riding with the nail but it was dangerous as the nail was protruding.
We had no choice but to stop by the roadside and he plucked out that cursed nail.
Then he continued riding to the bikeshop at a pace of turtle's with the flat tyre.



This nail was like 3/4 punctured into my tyre.

What we couldn't understand is that how the hell the nail manage to puncture my tyre. It didn't have any sharp ends. Worse still, it was the flat head of the nail which entered first. I was praying so hard that it can be mended with a worm. But unfortunately not, not even with double worm. It just got spitted out. The mechanic said that looks like it is time for a new tyre and anyway, my tyres are running out of threadings.

The mechanic says that it might be possible to ride back to Singapore with the worm hanging out halfway, but he was afraid that my tyre might just go flat at any time and worried for my safety. My DBT doesn't want to put me at any risk either. 

Hence, we asked him if he have any Battlax tyres. He didnt't have any. Him, being honest said that the tyres are more expensive than Singapore's and the ones he have with him are not suitable for wet roads. Honestly speaking, I prefer leaving my bike there to buying any other brands of tyres. Then DBT suggested that we leave my bike there and buy from Singapore instead.

I was so moody back then. But DBT cheered me up by saying everything happens for a reason. 
Just nice, I could use a set of new tyres. This might be a warning for me to change them before something else worse happen. 破财消灾


Guess my bike will be rotting is Malaysia for the time being till Singapore has got stock of the tyres I want.

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...